Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Change.org

Home Forums Champions’ chat Change.org

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Just wondering if everyone is aware of the petition to the Gov. that has been started on Change.org.

https://www.change.org/p/help-save-britain-s-hedgehogs-with-hedgehog-highways”

Well spotted Paul J, great news that Hugh Warwick has started a campaign to make house builders include ‘hedgehog highways’ on all new developements, especially as there is a massive one being built just down the road. Hopefully with Hugh behind it, it should do well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Nic

Hi Paul J

Thanks for bringing this petition to our attention. Started by Hugh Warwick, I see. It is so important. We really need to put more emphasis on increasing, as well as improving, hedgehogs available habitat. That way hedgehogs can remain wild and not become completely dependent on handouts from us – which are inevitably not as good for them as ‘wild’ food they can find for themselves. I hope it gets lots of signatures.

Hi- I have signed and passed on to friends.
    I sometimes receive Email from Emily. Perhaps she should let all Hedgehog Street people know of this petition by Email.

Thanks – this is included in Chris Packham’s manifesto, see his website for details http://www.chrispackham.co.uk/home.
    There was a Peoples Walk For Wildlife held in London last Saturday which I attended, did anyone else make it? It was a very wet day but also an enjoyable one.
    I’ve signed and shared the link ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m so relieved to finally see a breakthrough on this – I have felt for years that its been falling on deaf ears and that it needed our hog gurus and advocats, those who grab the public attention and are passionate about hog causes to start ramping up the noise levels on developments, so that the decision makers have to listen.
    there is so much more developers, councils and parliament could and should be doing as well as putting in hog highways – but with a foot in the door on the Change.org petition (well known for hitting those big petition numbers needed) and the conservationists behind it – I think its only a matter of time. I’m delighted and relieved. Needless to say – I’ve engaged all my contacts in signing it too!
    Fingers crossed it comes in time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog