Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Cleaning feeders

Home Forums Champions’ chat Cleaning feeders

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Seems a good time of year to give the feeders a good clean and I have seen a spray “all natural” cleaner recommended especially for hutches and hedgie houses/feeders.
    I would like to ask what others use to clean and disinfect feeders – both plastic and wood. Is soap and water enough to get rid of termites and dried poo ! ? I
    I am conscious that most ‘cleaning’ items have a strong smell and I mostly use white vinegar, salt and baking powder in my own home. Would that be adequate for the hedgies?

If it’s all natural you want then a clean with soap and water and then boiling water is reasonable.
    Personally I would use Anigene or F10 as both kill viruses

Thank you for your advice stef. I’m thinking the Anigine or F10 would also be useful to clean the bird feeders/tables too given the spread of bird flu so shall get a small bottle.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog