Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Cleaning House

Home Forums Champions’ chat Cleaning House

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I recently had the pleasure of a mum & hoglet in residence in one of my hedgehog houses in the garden.
    Unfortunately I had to rush the hoglet to the vet after she was found out in the day. The vet had to put her to sleep as she had a parasite infection. Mum has also moved out of the house so it is now empty.
    Should I clean the house now? I’m worried that any parasites the hoglet had may still be lingering in the house & I wouldn’t want any prospective hibernators to catch anything.

Nic

Hi jude br

Sorry to hear about the hoglet. That’s very sad.

If you are sure that there is no hog in residence, it’s fine to clean out the hog house. More information:

https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/cleaning-out-boxes/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog