Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Clever little hedgehog

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Clever little hedgehog

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Not sure if anyone else has had this. We have been feeding our hedgehog for over a year now. I missed last night as it had been raining and there were lots of slugs about. Came downstairs late last night to find “her” inside eating out of the cats bowls! She must have come through the cat flap!! By the time I had managed to get my phone to take a picture she had moved into the conservatory. I picked her up in a towel and put her back outside. Now she knows how to get inside im expecting to see a lot more of her!!

Nic

Hi Shazia

I don’t recall hearing of that before. Is your cat flap very low? When I had a cat flap there was a doorstep with an overhang, which also made the cat flap higher, so probably more difficult for a hog to negotiate. But I imagine if the door was quite low and straight to the outside surface it would be easier. Although I can’t really imagine why a hog would want to go inside – if there was food available outside. But if the cat bowls were near to the door maybe it smelt the food. Who knows what a hog might be thinking!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog