Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Constipated Rescue Hog

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Constipated Rescue Hog

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m caring for 3 rescue hogs at the moment. One of them is eating and drinking well but I’m seeing very few signs of poo in the hutch. He’s gaining weight very quickly, now over 900g, but nothing seems to be coming out. I’ll call the rescue centre today but wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem and whether you have found any solutions? Thanks

I’ve never heard of a hog that doesn’t poo! And I’ve dealt with hundreds. I’m guessing it’s getting mashed into it’s bedding.
    Either way how come a 900g hog is still in care? It should have been released unless it’s under medication. I suggest you cut it’s food down before it gets too fat to roll up

My typo of writing 900g rather than 800g has made this sound worse than it was. His weight had increased significantly over the previous 3 days following the end of his medication and I found very little poo having gone through his nesting area twice. In any event he is going to be released on Wednesday, poo or not!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog