Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Courting Couple

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Courting Couple

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

As I write there are a pair of hogs courting in my garden. The female is halfway in/out of my feeding station whilst the male is patrolling outside and doing a fair bit of nuzzling as well as rubbing its head on the floor. The female doesn’t seem overly impressed though as she keeps giving him a biff every now & again but fingers crossed they will sort out their differences.

I will have to leave them to it now – as we all know these things can go on for a very long time and its getting a bit late for me!

However it does make a pleasant change from the hog fights that I mostly seem to have as I do seem to get a predominance of male hogs.

Nic

Hi Hogmeister

Fingers crossed for some hoglets later on then!

Thanks Nic and heres hoping! Hope all is well with you.

Nic

Hi Hogmeister

Yes, thanks, all o.k. here. Apart from the hogs being sadly marked, that is – they all look a terrible mess.

On a more positive note, whilst I mostly seem to have males visiting at the moment, there is one female and like you I am hoping for the patter of hoglet feet. She certainly seems to have been trying her best!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog