Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Crows and Hedgies

Home Forums Champions’ chat Crows and Hedgies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Just sitting watching the two hedgehogs up the garden having a drink, hedgies not me, and down came a massive crow and started pecking the small hedgehog so off I go up the garden to sort the crow out and off it flies as soon as I came back indoors it was back and went back to pecking the hedgehog but was actually pulling it backwards be grabbing on its spines. My other half went up the garden then and sat a distance away from the hedgehog waiting for the crow to come back which it didn’t because its now got dark and the hedgehog has now gone into the feeding box.

Would the crow have done any damage to the hedgehog?

Nic

Hi Jackietb

Normally the crows and the hogs would not be around at the same time. I would be inclined to get that hog checked out by a carer. It may have an injury from the crow which may not be easy to see, and the crow may have been attacking it because it thought it was unwell.

I will do. Both hogs come out at about 8pm just before it gets dark, have been watching them on the camera and they both seem fine even though they are out before its dark. I was worried that they were coming out early but they go straight to the water and food and then stay out and about until 5am when the camera catches them going back into their respective houses.

The hog just carried on eating and drinking after the crows visit and was running around the garden well into the early hours of the morning but I will get it checked.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog