Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Disaster

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Disaster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have at least 2 hedgehogs visiting my garden feeding station (even at this late time of the year). Unfortunately I found one dead on the lawn this morning with what appears to be a puncture wound to its throat. Not curled up. Might have been trying to get “home” after injury but didn’t make it. Sad.

Nic

Hi SteveK

Really sorry to hear that. As you say, very sad. Just what we always dread, finding a dead hedgehog – must have been horrid for you, especially having got to know them. Hopefully some of this year’s hoglets will make their way to your garden after hibernation to swell the numbers next year.

That is sad news. Very upsetting and like you say it’s one that we most dread. Hope the other hog remains safe.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog