Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Disturbed! Advice

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Disturbed! Advice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

First time posting.

We have a hedgehog house in our garden, iv never seen it used at all. This morning I was clearing up after the wind last night and I knocked it and then heard rustling so I peeked in and we have a resident hog. I’m now really worried Iv woke him during the day and he’s going to leave and put himself in danger during the day. Could he just go bk to sleep and be fine? Should I do anything now to keep him in there? Thanks

Hi Mrs G, I would not worry to much about the hedgehog being disturbed. It don’t seem to bother them too much. We have all done it at some stage or another. Mine have a habit of building nest in the feeding stations even tough I have a couple of lodges. They just do what they like and not what we would like.
    Now that you know you have a visitor, it would be very helpful if you fed and watered it. Cat biscuits chicken flavour is fine or wet chicken cat food. Can either give them the jelly one or the pate`. No fish. Or you could try a complete hedgehog food.

Willpar.

I leave water out all the time because we have feral cats aswel. I have a bag of hedgehog food and plenty of cat food, we had a visiting hog in the spring but he disappeared during the heatwave so I stopped putting food out because we found we had a mouse issue which the cats have sorted now so from now on il be putting his nighttime meal out for him 🙂 we have lots of slugs and snails too. Iv not seen him come out so far so hopefully I haven’t upset him too much. Thankyou for your help you’ve made me feel better about upsetting him 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog