Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Double saucers to feed hedgehogs exclude cats and birds

Home Forums Champions’ chat Double saucers to feed hedgehogs exclude cats and birds

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

My sister places one saucer on the ground with catfood on and another heavy and wider saucer upside down on top of the first one.

It protects from rain and cats and birds cannot move the heavy saucer. Hedgehog lifts it with their snout.

Nic

Hi Jens

That’s a really good idea. Other people on the Forum have had some success with saucers over the food, as well. The hogs are used to turning stones, etc. over to look for food, so it’s no problem for them.

I no it’s abit off topic, but have you read the information about the research into Robotic Lawnmowers: https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/research-robotic-lawnmowers/

I recently made a new feeding station from a plastic tub, and thought i’d out foxed the cats by making the hole smaller. It worked for a week then i saw on my camera 3 cats had got in. Then i read somewhere if i put the water bowl just in front of the hole, hog’s will go in the water to get to the food but cat’s won’t, since then no cats have pinched any food at all or tried to go in box brill .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog