Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Early Housekeeping.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Early Housekeeping.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    Last year, around mid September I asked for advice here about a half grown hegie wandering around the garden in daytime. Anyway, I showed “her” the feeding station, and thereafter she was eating every night there. Then in October she started to take leaves into the new last summer nest box. Last seen going into the box October 20th. Caught on camera leaving the box 3 days ago, caught on 2nd cam eating well. A second hegie (known male – 5 legs!) also pops in to eat. Last night the still small’ish girl spent all night taking more leaves etc into the box. Is she thinking about reproducing? Seems to early yet I know the box is already stuffed to the gunnels with bedding!

Hello Lucky Dog, I had no sightings in January and February – March has been a bumper set of videos and now I have videos of quite a few males more interested in following scents around the feeder stations than feeding. So I believe it could be circa four weeks before we see any pregnant hogs. hog devotee

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog