Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Feel lucky having hogs living/visiting our small garden

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Feel lucky having hogs living/visiting our small garden

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Avatar photoNic.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Last year I bought a camera and that was a real eye opener, one night in July we had 6 🦔 visiting at the same time. Last night we had 3 here at the same time, there was a bit of pushing and gesturing going on but then one hog just kept circling another hog. Am I right in thinking the one circling would be the male and other other one would be a female making all the huffing noises?
    Would add a photo but not sure how.

Hi Tiffany glad you got hogs, i have got my new ones and have also got a camera. I have just put a photo on my site hopefully, go to gallery and follow the instruction on it to upload image, let me know if you can do it good luck Sue.

Nic

Hi Tiffany

Lovely to hear about the hogs there. Yes, you’re right – the one circling will be a male and the one huffing, being circled, is the female. Fingers crossed for some hoglets later on!

Re. photos – you can only add them to the Forum if they have a link – i.e. are already somewhere else on the internet. But if you put them on via the gallery (accessed via the ‘home’ page) once they are on there you should be able to add the link to show them on the forum, too. You might have to wait a few days after adding the photos for them to actually appear.

Good luck and happy hog watching.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog