Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Finally seen my hedgehog

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Finally seen my hedgehog

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

after noticing hog poo in my garden early August, i built a hog house and a feeding box, copied from amazon. put some cat nuts in, and next morning all food gone. ordered Spikes dry hog food and every night it dissapeared, could sometimes hear crunching noises about 9.30pm but didn’t want to scare it away shining lights around. then friday evening my visiting daughter in law appeared in my study holding a towel. thought she must have cut herself, but opening towel revealed a nice fat hog.it had come in from the street where i had chiseled away a section of concrete path to make a bigger hole under the gate. I had just repaired and varnished the gate and couldn’t face cutting holes in it. it had rolled up on seeing her go outside and she couldn’t resist grabbing a towel. it didn’t seem too upset, just stayed rolled up pretending it wasn’t there. put it back and it calmly trotted out and came back later to stuff it’s face.
    it has now dug a hole under the fence by its food box so it can make a “quick” get away. it dosn’t seem to be living in my box, but has definately investigated as the hay has been moved round the door

Nic

Hi boxcar

Glad to hear you have seen the hog. That’s dedication, chiselling away the path for the hog to get in!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog