Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Fingers firmly crossed!

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Fingers firmly crossed!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I think we have a nest. Well it sure looks like a nest, and I’m hoping it’s a hedgehog.

One thing I’ve noticed this morning is that there appears to be grass and leaves apparently dragged into the opening and so closing it up.
    Is this usual?

I’m trying to catch it on camera so will update once I have anything positive.

Sounds like a nest to me, especially with grass sealing up the entrance. If it is a new mother, you probably won’t see much of her for the next few days, but you may be able to hear the ‘peeping’ of the babies. Keep us posted and good luck with the camera 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog