Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

First meeting

Home Forums Hedgehog tales First meeting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone! I’m John, and I’m a newbie at this forum.

I’d like to share my little story about my first meeting with a hedgehog.

I was about 4 years old. My mom has taken me for a walk, as usual. We went to the park, and suddenly I saw a woman who was playing with a little unknown creature. This creature was on the grass, and she just smiled. We walked closer, and my mom asked this woman something (I don’t remember what exactly). I held out my hand to the hedgehog, and he suddenly bit me on the finger. I tried to drop it, but it hung on my finger. That woman somehow unhooked him, and my mother shook my bloodied finger with a handkerchief and led me home.

This was our first meeting.

Nevertheless, I love hedgehogs now and try to stay them safe.

Nic

Hi Liffet

Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry to hear that your first memory of a hog was one biting you! Glad to hear you haven’t held it against hedgehogs as a whole.

Hedgehogs aren’t normally out in the daytime, so it may be that one was unwell and scared. Suddenly finding itself surrounded by enormous creatures (even a 4 year old boy must look pretty big to a hedgehog!) might have been fairly scary, especially if it wasn’t feeling well.

Having said that, it’s always a good idea to remember that hedgehogs, despite looking really cute, are wild animals and best watched from a bit of a distance, not least to avoid interrupting their normal behaviour. They are fascinating to watch and hopefully your first memory will soon be joined by many happy hog watching moments.

Good luck and happy hog watching.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog