Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

First sighting

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings First sighting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Had my first sighting of a hoglet tonight. Opened front door to lock the car and it was sitting the front lawn. It scurried off across the road and into a neighbours garden. Didn’t fancy the delights of my feeding station it would seem.

Nic

Hi ronnyd

Brilliant news that there are hoglets out and about. It might be back. But if you’ve seen one there are likely others around. Fingers crossed for them all.

Well when i watched video last night i thought i had seen a rat, was a little image running quite fast, but when i double checked whole video it was a hoglet . Brilliant first one i have seen this year made my day ,hope to see more .

I’m very excited to say that after discovering poop in the garden night before last, last night we found two (TWO!) hedgehogs out and about last night One a full size and the other about half size. So very exciting!

Last year i found some poop but never saw the hedgehogs, so this is really brilliant.

Must now put some food out….. and get a hedgehog house!
    B.

Hi, We bought a motion / sensor camera and set it up in our garden this week. Activity from the first night. We had placed meaty cat food to boost/ supplement their diet and we spotted two. Reviewing last night’s videos, we have FOUR. I think one is a female and there other three are male. We witnessed some ‘pushing’ behaviour between the males and submissive behaviour exhibited ( We think by the female), coupled with snorting and a bit of circling.
    Thrilled we have four hogs and in our garden. Happy days.

Had three hogs arrive at the same time to feed tonight. Not much etiquette shown, ended up in a full scale bout of argy bargy. Was hilarious to watch. Had at least six visits, so quite a busy night.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog