Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

First sighting

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings First sighting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

For the past week I have been leaving food out for our little friends and last night I was rewarded with my very first sighting. I am beyond happy that I can now help them and hopefully stop them getting killed on the road out the front of my house

Nic

Hi Jayjoton

So pleased for you for your first sighting.

The best way to help hogs avoid the roads is to link as many gardens together as possible by making hog highways. That way they have less need to cross the road to find suitable habitat. They need several gardens and can travel up to 2 miles a night.

https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/help-hedgehogs/link-your-garden/

Good luck and happy hog watching. But don’t worry too much if the hog ‘disappears’ fairly soon – it’s coming up to hibernation time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog