Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Food advice

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Food advice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi, can anyone advise if it’s ok for my little hog to have boiled egg? He had a little tonight and loved it, but I don’t want to give him a dodgy tummy! Also is there a fail safe cat meat that people use.? I’ve tried a couple of different brands and he doesn’t seem overly keen.
    Thank you.

Nic

Hi PurpleIvy

Personally I wouldn’t feed a hog boiled egg. I would stick to dog/cat/hog food. There isn’t any really fail safe brand – different people would probably say different things, but if a hog is hungry it will eat what it’s given. Have you tried cat/kitten biscuits or one of the hog foods?

Can I just check that you are talking about a wild European hedgehog? (Erinaceaus Europeaus)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog