Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Food question

Home Forums Champions’ chat Food question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello – I have 1, sometimes 2 hedgehogs now visiting my garden. I now put out hedgehog food in a feeding station. I also have a regular fox visit and would like to still put put a bit of food out for him. However I’ve read about the need to be very careful with what the hedgehogs eat. There is a fox food called Wild Things and although I’ve looked at the ingredients I’m none the wiser. Does anyone know if I can safely leave this out for the fox so that if the hedgehogs eat some they won’t be harmed ?

Thank you
    pwillia133

It’s fine. Foxes can also eat hog food.
    I would try and feed them separately as some foxes will attack hogs

Thanks Stef. I am feeding them separately but the hedgehogs eat what is put out for the fox as well as the food in the feeding station ( so do the neighbouring cats) . I thought I would get some specific fox food but not if it would harm the hedgehogs. I have got a camera and have seen the fox and the hedgehog meet but no trouble thank goodness !

pwillia133

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog