Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Geiger Counter

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Geiger Counter

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

We have hedgehogs visiting nearly every night and put food out. One (or more – identification of individuals is difficult!) makes a noise similar to a geiger counter. Does anyone have similar experiences or an explanation?

Nic

Hi TheVics

I’m not really sure exactly what a geiger counter sounds like, but if the hog sounds sort of rattly as it breathes and moves along, it could be a problem with it’s breathing, i.e. lungworm, or similar. If I were you I would contact a local hog carer/rehabilitator – you can describe the sound more precisely to them and take their advice. You can get the contact details of your nearest carer/rehabilitars by ringing BHPS on 01584 890801 If it turns out not to be that, that would be good, but better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck. I hope all goes well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog