Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Getting nightly visits now.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Getting nightly visits now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

First hog arrives about 9.30. others at regular intervals after, but usually not until after the street lights go off at midnight. Mostly singular visits but had two squaring up earlier this week. Food mostly gone by morning but thats probably with help from the Magpies and Pigeons.

Nic

Not sure whether it’s a good thing or bad that the magpies and pigeons finish up the food. I suppose, at least they are clearing up some of the mess the hogs inevitably make!

I have found that there are certain hogs who tend to be very reliable, timewise, and others not at all. Even the reliable ones will sometimes turn up late sometimes – just to keep us all guessing!

Had three different ones so far tonight, apart from one stalwart the rest aren,t usually this early.

Lovely! I’m still getting visits but my camera has stopped working – ish! It takes 3 shots but then nothing more! Getting lots of pcs of me checking and feeding but very few of the beasties! Have just reset it and replaced batteries so hopefully all back to normal tonight. Good thing though – the food is going and last night I needed to refil the bowl at about 10.30! Such piggies!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog