Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Good news and bad news

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Good news and bad news

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Noticed a road-kill hedgehog out in the road yesterday afternoon and I was concerned that the mother out of my mum-and-baby hogs had been run over.

I was over-joyed to see mum and little one outside later that evening , so my little family was safe , but sadly one of our visitors may have succumbed to the dreaded four-wheel terrors.

Good news that my family was safe – bad news to lose one of their friends.

Nic

Hi cambs-dave

Really pleased to hear that hog family is safe. Very sad to hear about the roadkill. You may want to enter it onto the Big Hedgehog Map – accessed via Home Page of Hedgehog Street. That way, at least it might be of some help to other hogs in some way.

The only way to stop hogs having to cross roads, it seems, is to encourage everyone to link their gardens and create hedgehog highways. That way the hogs have access to more habitat without having to cross the roads. Not always easy, I know, but worth a try.

I hope the hog family continue to do well. Must be lovely having them to watch.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog