Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Grass fertilisers

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Grass fertilisers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I bought a small amount of turf, but noticed it had a strong smell of fertiliser. Is it safe for hedgehogs? I’ve stopped using chemicals because of the wildlife.

Nic

Hi Kassie

Sorry no-one replied sooner. I would normally try to avoid chemicals too, but if it is a small amount of turf and you already have it, maybe it wouldn’t be too bad. Maybe you could try to keep the hogs off that area for a while, if you are able to – I suppose it depends on what you mean by a small amount. But not sure what you meant by having a strong smell of fertiliser. Could it have been organic fertiliser?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog