Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Happy Hogs

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Have seen 2 hogs in our garden, had a lovely sight tonight both of them in feeding station together eating their cat biscuits, have put wet food out hoping they eat it rather than biscuits in this hot weather but they don’t touch it.They visit every night and are there within half an hour of putting food out 🙂 Had hogs visit on and off for over 30 years ,have had major building development next door so thought we had lost them ,any info on adding wormers etc for lungworm in feed ,our dog caught fox lung worm ,have heard lung worm from slugs a problem for them

Nic

Hi 1peanutbutter

Good to hear about your hog visitors. Some of them are a bit inclined to stick to a particular food when they have found something they like.

With regard to putting wormer in food. It isn’t a good idea. You would have no idea how much each hog got, apart from anything else. As I understand it wormer has to be worked out very carefully according to a hog’s weight, etc. I think I recall Penny, I think it was, trying pumpkin seed as a deterrent, so if she sees this she might tell us how that went.

If you aren’t already, please leave plenty of water out for the hogs, especially in this hot, dry weather.

Good luck with the hogs. I hope you continue to enjoy their visits.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog