Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Happy noises

Home Forums Champions’ chat Happy noises

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Two resident hedgehogs had a bit of trouble from a visitor tonight, it was circling one, so probably a female, and charging the other one forcing it to roll up, so probably a male.
    I felt quite defensive of them, but when the visitor left, they both got back to eating and were making little noises, a cross between a chirp and a purr. I take it they were happy, and as normality resumed really quickly, it couldn’t have bothered either of them at all.
    There is a third hedgehog which has either been very elusive or has only just turned up. It looks OK and it’s eating fine, but it stays in the undergrowth so I hear it more than see it. It has made an odd sound twice, like it has diarrhoea, or it might just be passing wind. It seems really healthy and I don’t want to disturb it by capturing it to take it to a vet, when it might be normal behaviour. Any advice?

Nic

Hi Carolyn.839

Sounds like you’re enjoying watching/listening to the hogs!

There are some hog sounds on this site, which you might find interesting/useful (although bear in mind they may be noises hogs in ‘care’ were making so may sound slightly different than those out in the open): https://hedgehog-rescue.org.uk/sounds/noises.php

Good luck and happy continuing hog watching!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog