Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog box camera:

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog box camera:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

My old wifi camera has finally given up the ghost and I’m struggling to find a replacement.
    None that I can find suit my requirements which are:
    When switched on, stream live video to my PC;
    Record video on its on-board microSD card upon motion detect which can then be accessed on my PC.;
    Be powered via a rechargeable power pack (12volt).
    My old one did all these things and enabled me to keep a check on the hogs’ health.
    All that I can find only stream live video to a smart phone which would mean sitting up all night!? Plus no record upon motion detect.
    I’d appreciate any help that is available.
    Many thanks,
    Ken Campbell
    (Suffolk)

Nic

Hi kayjay

This isn’t my area of knowledge, but hopefully if this moves back up near the top someone who does know might spot it. We do sometimes get people on the forum who are knowledgable about this sort of thing.

Good luck.

Hi Kayjay, Things have moved on to more modern now, and seems to be all about smart phones. Don’t know what camera you have, but there are wifi ones still around but you need to run it off the mains via an adaptor. Green feathers do wifi cameras, but they are small, about one and a quarter inch square.
    Or you could go down the route of a small trail cam.

Willpar.

I have got a Trail camera, must have had it about 3 years now . It records onto an SD card and cost about £50 and i use rechargeable battery’s, got it from Amazon been good up to now .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog