Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog Champions in Northamptonshire

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog Champions in Northamptonshire

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I wish there was a contact list on here of all the hedgehog champions! It would be great to have some kind of ‘active’ group where we could all contact each other.
    I’m in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire and wondered if anyone else had signed up to hedgehog street from here?
    Apart from delivering leaflets in the area during hedgehog awareness week, and declaring myself as hedgehog street champion last year (now have one hedgehog friendly neighbour!) I haven’t yet plucked up the courage to do any door knocking!
    Suzanne

Hi Suzanne,

I am just “over the road”, well, the A45, in Rushden where we too are lucky to have a fair few hoggies. Most of my neighbours and friends are now on the case just through casual conversation rather than battering their doors down. I find gentle persuasion works better than nagging!

You may not know that Animals In Need in Little Irchester get loads of hedgehogs taken to them and I’ve donated money purely for the hogs (I don’t want it spent on cats!) and last winter they had 100+ inmates.

I do wonder how many hogs were displaced by Rushden Lakes shopping centre and with the upcoming Rushden East development I suspect a lot more will be upset. ENDC don’t seem particularly interested but just make the usual dismissive “all our plans are reviewed by………” platitudes.

Hi William,
    That’s good that you speak to your neighbours, I speak to just three, most people seem to keep themselves to themselves including us I guess!
    Yes I have taken a couple of hogs to AIN, I did think I would have to take my resident hog there at the weekend as he was making some loud strange noises when he was in his box during the daytime (that’s when I knew he was definitely in there!), and I watched him closely when he came out to feed to make sure he was ok.
    RE Rushden Lakes I dread to think ๐Ÿ™

Hi! Only just seen this – I’m a hedgehog rescue in Rushden and we also have Irchester Hedgehog Rescue (guess where they are *grin*) and also HedgHugs Rescue & Rehabilitation in Sharnbrook (just the other side of Rushden down the A6). We all three work closely together and also liase with Animals in Need too. We’re all on facebook, I’m on twitter & instagram too, have 11 in care right now with one about to be released, another not far behind as long as his poorly paw holds up and the wound doesn’t reopen there. There’s also Jen & the Hedgies up in Corby, though she isn’t taking in hedgehogs really at the moment.

Have to say there’s lots of hedgehog friendly people in northants judging from the numbers feeding them and popping water out (vital right now) – just need to persuade the rest to not astroturf, slab everything, or fit inpenetrable gravel boards all the way round their fencing…

Hi Velvet,
    Sorry the forum doesn’t tell you if someone replies to your post, I have just done a random search for hedgehogs and Wellingborough and my post has just come up including your reply!
    I am following your on Facebook ๐Ÿ™‚ I know of the Irchester rescue and I’m sure there is another one but I can’t recall the name.
    I’ve got at least 2 hedgehogs visiting my garden at the moment, not the same ones I had earlier in the year they seem to have dissapeared.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog