Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog disappeared

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Hedgehog disappeared

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have had a hedgehog feeding station in my front garden for months, I live two quiet roads away from a huge country Park which is where my first hog would have come from. I used to have one hedgehog visit every night for about a month but it’s been two months now without seeing a single hedgehog no footage of my camera please somebody help me what do I do why has my hedgehog gone why is there no more hedgehog activity

have only just seen this post. Sorry for a late response.
    Accessability changes, hedgehogs die, get eaten, run over etc.
    Dogs nearby, lights on, good natural foraging could all be factors.
    They travel a mile or so at night, so can have big territories.
    Your supplementation might not have been needed for some time; this time of year, maybe, more supplement (and water of course) could be required.
    Don’t give up. have you spoken to any neighbours about sightings/access?
    i have 3 feeding stations which are not used every night but also have 3 hibernacula, all used for the first time last winter.
    One hog. on the small site that I live on has already bagged a hibernacula!
    Please keep the faith and help as much as poss. Numbers keep going down and “yours” could have been one of them. let’s hope not.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog