Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog food question

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hedgehog food question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Today I noticed Nature’s Feast hedgehog food for sale in a local shop. The food contained mealworms which I understand can cause health problems. Should I avoid this food or assume that the proportion of mealworms is low enough to be safe?

Nic

Hi SarahEB

I would check the sell by/use by date. I thought most food mixes used calci-worms instead these days.

Personally I would avoid anything with mealworms in. You are probably better off feeding the hogs cat or dog food or other hedgehog food if any is available.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog