Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog highway in lattice fence

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog highway in lattice fence

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi all. I’m new to this and trying to install my first hedgehog highway, but hit a possible snag. The fence linking us to our neighbours is a closed (no gaps) diagonal lattice weave panel with a small concrete base board. I am thinking that if I start cutting a hole in the panel it may compromise/weaken it’s structure and cause more damage than with a standard overlap panel. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Nic

Hi CPP1972

Welcome to the Forum! It’s great news that you are planning a hedgehog highway.

I’m no DIYer, but I imagine with both lattice and overlap panels, you would ideally need to build some sort of structure around the hole – maybe using wooden batons on both sides, to avoid weakening the fence.

If all else fails maybe you could dig a channel underneath the concrete base board. Or, apparently you can get hedgehog-friendly gravel boards, if you were feeling adventurous!

If you haven’t already seen it, you might be interested in this:
    https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/help-hedgehogs/link-your-garden/

Good luck. Let us know if you find a solution.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog