Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog In The Snow

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog In The Snow

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

No ‘hedge-cam’ but the feeding station is just outside my bungalow bedroom window and I often hear the visitors. This morning at 4.30am there was the most tremendous clattering and banging (dish banging against wooden feeding station walls!) then a hog emerged.
    It trundled off in the light of the full moon over the snow filled garden -what a magical sight!
    Not massive but it was a good, healthy weight and looked very sprightly. I think there is still one (possibly two) still coming through to feed. Lots of dry kitten biscuits going out at dusk; all eaten in the morning.
    I also have a hedgehog house but don’t want to disturb in case there is a resident.
    I enjoy the hedgehogs in the summer but never thought to see a hedgehog in the snow lit by the festive moon ๐Ÿ™‚

Nic

Hi Celeste

How lovely! So lucky you woke up at just the right time. Good old hedgehogs living up to their reputation of providing magical moments!

It was very, very wonderful! ๐Ÿ™‚ But I do wonder how the strange weather patterns we are having affect the hedgehogs body clock?
    It’s bad enough being human and not knowing from day to day whether it’s a t-shirt or thick sweater day! Sandals or wellingtons? How disorientating for a wild creature that hibernates.
    It really brings home the truth of climate change when you see the results in the microcosm of your own garden and locality.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog