Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog out during the day

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog out during the day

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I put a Hedgehog house in my garden a few days ago and within a short time one had taken up residence and came out on the first day at 8pm. Today however it was in the garden in the afternoon, wandering around the base of the bird table before curling up by the fence and going to sleep, uncovered and in full view.
    I had provided it with both food and water and the food had been eaten. I am concerned that there may be something wrong.
    Can anyone advise please.

Hi-
    Sometimes a mummy may nip out for a bit of a rest and a feed but I imagine would go back to her young fairly quickly.
    I would ring BHPS ASAP, this HH may need help.
    Leave food and water in a shallow dish 24 hours a day if possible.
    Keep us posted and hope it will be OK

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog