Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog out in the morning

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog out in the morning

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

We have a community of hogs in our close and a lot of the residents feed them. In the last week I’ve seen one small hog out at 8.30 am wandering about and, most worryingly, crossing the road. It seems heathy but the other local hogs are tucked up in their nests by this time in the morning. I suppose it could be a juvenile trying to find a nesting site but I was wondering if anyone else has experience of this with young hogs. Other than making sure he crosses the road safely I’ve not done anything else as he doesn’t seem injured or ill.

Hi-
    Roughly how small?
    My gut instinct would be to have him/her checked over.
    Call BHPS for advice.
    I have found 2 hoglets recently during the day.
    One is in hospital being fed to a good release size, The other didn’t make it.
    Quick action is always best.

Hi
    I spoke to our local hedgehog rescue and she thinks it’s probably worms. So I’ll catch it next time it’s here and get it checked out. Thanks for your comment.

That’s great
    Well done for spotting it
    Fingers crossed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog