Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog pens to give away.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hedgehog pens to give away.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi.

I have in the past cared for underweight hedgehogs over the winter. For various reasons I cannot do this in the foreseeable future. As a consequence I have two indoor hedgehog pens that I’d like to donate for free to any carers who can put them to good use.

Each pen measures approximately 1.3m long, 0.6m wide and 0.3m high. Each has a roofed-over area for nesting, about 0.3 m deep, while the rest is roofed in a black mesh that allows good airflow. There is a large exercise wheel in each pen.

The pens provide the occupant with more space to move around in and better ventilation than do the plastic crates that are commonly used by carers and so would be good accommodation for long-stay hedgehog guests.

They have been used successfully to overwinter undersized hedgehogs.

If someone can put these to good use please contact me at lincolnrickwood@gmail.com and we’ll see if we can arrange the transfer.

(I posted this originally on the Carers forum but it seems not to have appeared there so I’m reposting it here. My apologies if it ends up as a double post.)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog