Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog Poo?

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog Poo?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I was blessed with several hedgehogs for the first time in my garden last year.
    Nothing hibernated in the hedgehog house over winter and have had no sightings this year (sadly can’t afford ‘hedge cam’)
    However, something is eating the special hedgehog pellets I put out each evening. Have seen droppings by the birds water plate and round the garden but they don’t look like usual hedgehog droppings. Slightly bigger and thicker.
    Live on edge of small market town near fields but don’t believe its a fox. Any ideas please? Would love to think the little snuffly, prickly beasties had come back ๐Ÿ™‚
    SORRY! Couldn’t find a way to attach photo so have added to gallery as ‘Hedgehog and Poo’ with pic from last year and the poo in question

Nic

Hi Celeste

Found this re. identifying wild animal poos. https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/wildlife/how-identify/identify-poo There are other sites as well if you can’t identify it from that one.

Fingers crossed it’s hogs!

Thank you for the link! Having studied the pictures (what fun we do have!) I believe it could indeed be hedgehog ๐Ÿ™‚
    Was semi-shielding last year, sitting out quietly in the dusk of the garden and watching the hedgehogs brought endless pleasure.
    Thank you for your help

Nic

Hi Celeste

Yes, I know hog poo does seem to feature quite a lot on the Forum!! But really pleased to hear that it was a hedgehog’s. Hopefully you will see the actual hog soon! Good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog