Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog Rescue Sanctuary

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hedgehog Rescue Sanctuary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, is there any need for a hog rescue and sanctuary around whalley, nr Clitheroe? I have had a lovely little hog visiting since spring and it seems to have stopped coming. I think maybe somethings happened to it. This got me thinking I could provide a safe haven and rehab centre for rescued hedgehogs. I am retired and have enough room to do this in my garden and sheds etc.
    How would I go about this if it was something that is needed in the area? Alternatively, I am also willing to provide a foster home for hogs that need feeding during winter etc.
    I’d be very grateful for any advice on this please.

Nic

Hi Donsue45

Your best bet would be to contact your nearest carer/s and have a chat with them about it. It would be a good idea to do some voluntary work with an existing carer/rehabilitator to start with anyway. You can get contact details by ringing BHPS on 01584 890801

I found this a while back (things to think about before setting up as a hedgehog rescue) which you might find useful:
    https://www.hedgehog-rescue.org.uk/diy.php

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Hi Nic,
    Thank you for the advice. I think you’re right regarding speaking to the experts and thanks for providing the number. I will have a chat with them to see if I can help in some way.

Donnie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog