Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog rescued.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog rescued.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Just been informed that a hedgehog had been recued the other day from some boys that were playing football with a curled up hedgehog. The hog soon recovered without any injuries after a drink and something to eat and even came back later for more. A hog was later seen in a field nearby happily scurrying about the long grass. Could have been the rescued one but not sure.

Glad hoggy ok but what is wrong with children? Makes my blood boil!!

Nic

Glad to hear the hog was ok, although, it is possible it had internal injuries which may not show up until later on. Do you know if he was checked over by a vet? I hope the boys got a good talking to about that. It is cruelty and that sort of behaviour should be addressed. It might not be a bad idea to talk to their school and the RSPCA and/or BHPS to see if a talk could be arranged about why they should not do things like that.

Hello Nic. From what I was told the hedgehog was rescued like I said and the rescuer took him/her home where the hog seem to recover in a short space of time and went about their life as normal. So maybe the football story may have been a little exaggerated, I don’t know, but he gave the boys a right good old telling off. I don’t have much reason to dispute his story and he is the kind of person that would have closely examined it for injuries and what have you and would have acted accordingly. Anyway he seemed quite happy the hog was alright. We live quite close to each other and I have seen 2 hogs this week happily roaming around my garden, so maybe that was one of them hopefully.

Nic

Hi berty

Fingers crossed he’s ok and I’m really pleased to hear that the boys were given a good telling off. Hopefully the situation was caught soon enough that not too much harm was done to the hog.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog