Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog rescuers Merseyside warrington area Help needed

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hedgehog rescuers Merseyside warrington area Help needed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Found a little 266 gm hog outside
    Doesn’t look well ,turning to one side , on a hot water bottle and newspaper

Please contact the BHPS on 01584 890801 who will give you the details of your nearest carer

Thanks, BHPS gave me a number of a wildlife friendly vets in Liverpool, poorly hog very cold ,think it had respiratory problems ,didn’t look good,

Awe! Fingers crossed for your little hog and for you!
    Best Wishes x

Hi-
    Did you get it to the vet?

Thanks for the replies, can’t praise Medivet enough, transferred him to another vets late on.Survived overnight and looking better now on his travels to RSPCA Stapeley Grange,so travelled from St Helens to liverpool and now Nantwich have contacted them if he survives , can we have him back ,so will donate some grub now

That is such fantastic news. Please let us know how the little one does and well done acting so quickly

Hog update, contacted Stapeley Grange who kindly looked at their admissions , my little hog wasn’t there ! As they are extremely busy the 3 hogs that had been due to be been admitted from Liverpool vets had had to go to a Rescue on the Wirral ! After a bit of searching found the Wirral Animal Sanctuary, who had 3 admissions on that day .The kind lady emailed me back straight away and said would have a look at hog weights today, sadly one of the hogs died but there is one that is similar weight to the one i took in .So fingers crossed it is doing ok, Can”t thank all the vets and Rescues i have contacted , all have been extremely helpful and genuinely interested .Even though they are swamped with new admissions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog