Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog seen in afternoon

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog seen in afternoon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have a small hedgehog in my garden which I believe is living in one of my hedgehog houses. On my camera I notice it comes to my feeding station early in the evening (around 6pm), (I wonder if this is to get to the food before the larger hedgehogs eat it all?) but the last few days I have seen it out between 2.30 – 3.30pm. It looks healthy enough, moves quite quickly around and finds the food and water I put out.
    I am just a bit concerned it should be out at this time of day. I don’t want to intervene and take it to a rescue centre if it is quite happy staying where it is.

Nic

Hi linyp

6 p.m. is fine at this time of year, because it’s dark by then, but it isn’t normal for them to be out at 2.30p.m.

I would contact your nearest carer/rehabilitator and take their advice. It isn’t possible to tell by just looking at them in the distance whether they are well or not. Wild animals will do their best to look normal until they really can’t – by which time they could be quite unwell.

You can get contact details of your nearest carers by ringing the BHPS on 01584 890801

Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog