Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog sickness Mystery

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hedgehog sickness Mystery

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello there! I’ve recently rescued an estimated 3-4 year old hedgehog, and I’ve noticed his breathing has been rattly and wheezy. I took him to my local vet and he was examined, then prescribed antibiotics and an anti inflammatory. We’re nearly a week in with his meds and I’ve now noticed his stool is liquidy green, and his breathing doesn’t seem to have improved much. He is housed with fleece not bedding, and he hasn’t been eating well either. I’m confused as to what could possibly be wrong, I go back to see the vet Monday but I’m quite worried now. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Hi
    Assuming it’s not too late now i’ve seen this, your hog needs emergency treatment now. It almost certainly has lungwom and needs Levacide. At this stage it will also need fluids as well – pretty much intensive care. Most vets don’t carry Levacide so if yours doesn’t then get it to a carer asap

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog