Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog sighting

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog sighting

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hedgehog in my garden last night, had visited 3 nights then skipped 2 nights now he’s back

Nic

Hi Kerrykc71

That’s great news you’ve had a hedgehog visitor. Hopefully he is still visiting. Don’t forget to leave him some water. It’s best to leave water available for the hogs all day every day – it is especially hard for them to find in this hot dry weather we’ve been having. Wide but shallow plant saucers are ideal – left in the shade if possible.

Good luck and happy hog watching!

Up until mid July, there were three hoggies visiting my garden regularly every night. They ate the food I provided and then suddenly they’ve just stopped coming. It’s been six weeks now and I’m concerned. Any ideas as to what might be the reason for this would be welcome 😊🦔

Hi all, We had 3 hogs last night feeding still got this years baby coming everynight, there also using there hedgehog house which is great news.

Nic

Hi AmandaClarke

Sorry to hear the hogs there have been missing. Hopefully some of them may have returned by now, but if not, they do tend to go missing from time to time for all sorts of reasons – usually impossible to know why in any particular case. I would continue offering food and especially water, which is best left out all day every day including winter. Either the original hogs or some others may turn up. Hoglets, in particular, sometimes appear quite late in the year and would likely welcome some food.

Good luck.

Nic

Hi Lesley

That’s great news about the hogs there – especially the hoglet – they are good fun to watch! And brilliant that someone is using the hog house – a definite hog seal of approval!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog