Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog sightings & hedgehog houses

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog sightings & hedgehog houses

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    I had a hedgehog last year throughout the summer so I bought a hedgehog house & it did hibernate throughout the winter.
    This year I have doubled my hedgehog numbers & now have two hedgehogs, I am guessing that I need I will need another hedgehog house for the winter, but do I put it next to the other house or somewhere different in the garden.

Also they came into contact the other night & started to make noises do hedgehogs get on with each other.

Hi Chezzy
    I’m no expert, but from what I’ve read on the forum etc I think the general rule is to site the h/h houses in different parts of the garden. I have two hedgehog houses in my garden and whilst the houses have been very explored , the hogs haven’t moved in!
    They have taken the hay I put into the houses, for a refurb of their existing nests under a shrub and the other one under the shed!
    I have also read that hogs need to get use to the houses being in place for a while, before they will use them.
    I bought mine early hoping I would get a hoglets take up residence,, but currently both houses are unused.
    Happy hog watching

Following this information thanks for advice given

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog