Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog sleeping in hog house entrance

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hedgehog sleeping in hog house entrance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’ve had a hog living in one of my hog houses for a couple of months, he worried me this morning when I found him asleep in the entrance of the house, when I got too close he scurried into the house. I’ve left some food at the entrance in case he was hungry, but could he have just got too warm and come out for some air, or do I need to get him some help?

If he scurried off when he noticed you he’s probably fine, but just keep an eye for a few day’s. Are you sure it’s a he? It could be a female with babies ( unlikely at this time of year but not unheard of )

I noticed a small one in my entrance the other night. There is another hog that uses my house so presume that’s why he was in the entrance.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog