Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog tales

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Hedgehog tales

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all… I have a trail cam and get several visits a night. Last night I got a backend view of a hog vigourously shaking its tail. When it moved off there was no poo or urine.. which I expected. So, anybody know of any reason why a hog should stand and shake its tail for no apparent reson?

Nic

Hi MarkUK

It’s very difficult to tell exactly what you mean from a short description. Is there any chance you can get the video on here. If it’s already somehwere else on the internet, you can just add a link. Otherwise you could get it added to Hedgehog Street YouTube https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/hedgehog-streets-on-youtube/

Once it’s on YouTube you should be able to add the link here.

It was right at the edge of the video so could not see if there was any other intereaction.. the back inch and the tail. Stood there for about 5 or 6 seconds with the tail sticking out at right angles about an inch and vigourously wagging from side to side in a good sweep. As I said, there was no evidence of urine or poo which is what I expected. I have been watching my hogs for about 5 years and have at least 5 visits a night to my feeding station and have never seen anything like before.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog