Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehog visitor!

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehog visitor!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have been feeding hedgies in our garden for a few months now (still no babies!!) but this evening we left the conservatory door open by accident – and one came in to join us! He was obviously after my cats milk – fortunately she hadn’t left very much! I wrapped him in a towel and took him back to the bottom of the garden, where he scampered away quite unharmed. I posted a picture on the gallery if anyone is interested!

You were lucky to spot him before he’d found a hiding place! I had one sneak in once and I never knew it was there until I heard a noise, went to investigate, and eventually found it behind the dishwasher. They are World Hiding Champions after all. Never play hide & sneak with one, you WILL lose.

It may not have been after the milk, it may have just been curious. They are stupidly curious and do get themselves into scrapes just because “oh, that looks an interesting place to go”. I do religiously keep the doors closed now. I’m glad yours was fine.

My neighbours found one sleeping behind their – floor length – dining room curtains! They had noticed odd ‘squashed currants’ for a couple of days and couldn’t work out what they were!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog