Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehogs and chickens

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hedgehogs and chickens

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

The past few days I have seen a hedgehog twice in the garden. No idea if it is the same one both times but it is nice to see them being so lively and close as I was in the garden at the same time digging in a flowerbed. I immediately went and put down a long dish of water for them.

However I have a question, we have free ranging chickens in the garden who are very confused by their new visitors but leave them alone and their food is available to them all day.

Is it ok for the hedgehogs to eat the chicken food? I am in the process of working out a way of feeding the hedgehogs and chickens seperately without them getting access to each others food but in the meantime is a bit of a snack from the chicken feeder ok? I did watch the hedgehog then proceed to go and have a snail snack so they have plenty of things to forage in our garden.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog