Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehogs are back

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehogs are back

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

After finding my lovely Spike dead last year I set to work this Spring to encourage another hog to the Splendid Palace that was Spikes, daily food and water, throughout march April May I saw signs of droppings but never saw a hog…
    Then
    4 nights ago there was a hog just sitting on the patio – as if waiting for something.. it was late about 10.15pm and I could barely see him/her i popped a handful of dried Spike mix out the window and I could hear him crunching them up.
    Next night I moved the water and food to the same spot and watched and he came back..
    He has been for the last two nights,, but is not in the hog house he scurries through a hole in the fence and I think he is between my wall and next door conservatory.
    But I am thrilled to have one back.
    Stay safe everyone…

Nic

Hi Laurabiding

Great news that there is a hog back – especially after poor Spike. Fingers crossed now one is back that others will follow.

Good luck and happy hog watching!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog