Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehogs are back, Epworth, N Lincs

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehogs are back, Epworth, N Lincs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Until a week ago I was concerned that the hedgehogs weren’t going to reappear. Since then they’ve appeared every night, eaten at the feeding station and deposited lots of poo. There was even noisey hedgehog courtship two nights ago, briefly disturbed by a third hog. The first time I’ve ever seen more than two hogs in my garden at any one time.

Nic

Hi JAHW

That’s great news that the hogs are back – even better that some courtship has been taking place. Fingers crossed for some hoglets later on!

Like many others I found that the hogs don’t appreciate the newer Tesco kitten biscuits. I changed to Iams (checked the ingredients first) and they love it – surprisingly few crumbs are left (definitely the hogs eating it). I mixed in a handful of Tesco biscuits but the hedgehogs aren’t daft. They were left all over the floor of the feeding station, all their favourite biscuits were eaten.

Yes the hogs in my garden also like the Kitten Iams. However, they are currently leaving the kitten Iams in favour of Sainsburys Chicken dog meat. I put a bit of both out and straight after hibernation they much preferred the dry kitten food but now they have reverted to the wet meat even though they have the choice. I found they followed this procedure last year also.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog