Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgehogs are back

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehogs are back

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Avatar photoNic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Three hedgehogs came to my garden night before last and two hedgehogs last night. One is quite small and I was worried about him/her in November time that it would not be big enough to hibernate, but the little hog has survived the winter and is eating LOADS. I put one dish of food out and now I am putting two dishes out as they are eating so much. Also lots of water as on the camera, they can spend a good 2 minutes just drinking.

I definitely recognise two from last year as the markings are the same, but one is larger and not sure if that one is new to my garden

Back to the ritual of setting up food and cameras each night but trying to keep the cats and rats away! I have missed it so much though and love it – I am so pleased that are all coming back again – such amazing little animals!

Nic

Hi Jeanette

So pleased for you to hear the hogs are back. Glad to hear the little hog survived. It’s always so lovely when our old friends return again – even if they do make extra work for us!

I agree, they are amazing little animals and, it seems, there is always something new to see. Endlessly fascinating.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog