Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Hedgie not wanting to be petted and wanting to hide all the time – Help please.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hedgie not wanting to be petted and wanting to hide all the time – Help please.

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Avatar photoNic.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Okay so I got a hedgehog recently (last Saturday), she’s 8 weeks old more or less, and we were doing really fine, she would cuddle on my lap and sleep there, she’d let me rub her belly and all that a cuddly hedgie does. But one day (last Thursday), she started wanting to be hidden all the time, and not being petted. She hiss at me, or jumps at me really little, she doesn’t ball up or anything, so clearly she isn’t afraid of me. But the thing is that every time I try to cuddle with her as soon as she wakes up, she immediately wants to hide anywhere she can. So what I’ve doing is using one of my shirt to hide her in and she stays there, but I can’t pet her or otherwise she wants to leave. I know she could be quilling but there aren’t any quills around. Does anyone know why this change of attitude is due to?

Nic

Hi Marcoszxp

Really sorry, but this is a forum about wild European Hedgehogs, so we won’t be much help to you. I suspect there are other forums for pet African pygmy hedgehogs. Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Hedgehog